5 tips on dealing with the worry surrounding Coronavirus
It will bring on a lot of change for people, like adapting to working from home and the worries about looking after their children and elders. Uncertainty often brings on new feelings of anxiety and panic, and it’s important to understand these stress triggers and try to remain optimistic.
If you are generally very concerned, isolating yourself as a precaution, or have contracted the virus, we want to help you with the feelings and emotions that come along for the ride.
Here are our top 5 tips for dealing with the panic surrounding COVID-19:
- Try to focus on things you CAN control, like washing hands regularly and staying clean.
- Prioritise eating well, staying hydrated and sleeping.
- Limit time on social media and moderate news intake.
- Read news from trusted sources and seek accurate information. (https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/)
- Try to live as normally as possible, even if you’re at home, stick to a daily routine.
If you find your stress and anxiety levels reach a point where you feel you cannot cope very well, then we have some options for you at Onebright. We are the largest, leading Cognitive Behavioural Therapy service in London and around the UK.
Our online CBT programme or remote therapy would be suitable for you if you’re self-isolating or want to work through your heightened worries. Cognitive Behavioural Therapy will help you to understand your triggers and to get a balance between your beliefs and thoughts.
If you already struggle with health anxiety, we highly recommend you take a look at these options for dealing with Coronavirus concerns and also to help you in the future.