Workplace Mental Health Webinar
Dispelling the myths of ‘Blue Monday’
Join us on Monday 17th January 2022, 11:30am – 12:30pm for our first webinar of 2022.
This year we wanted to dispel the myth that the third Monday in January is the most depressing day of the year and remind people that depression is a serious condition that can affect people on any day.
Learn how businesses can support employees mental health throughout the year.
Looking after employees mental health
Did you know that poor mental health collectively costs UK employers up to £45 billion each year?
- In 2021, one in five employees reported that their employer had offered additional mental health services since the start of the pandemic – down from 35% the previous year.
- On average, for every £1 spent supporting their worker’s mental health, employers get £5 back on their investment in reduced presenteeism, absenteeism and staff turnover.
Remote working has presented challenges for companies of all sizes. Regardless of the size, one true thing is that meeting the need for connection and camaraderie is key to a healthy and productive working environment. When random office chats are no longer possible, teams can struggle to stay motivated at a distance, which makes regular mental health check-ins more critical than they’ve ever been.
But how can employers support mental health in their remote workers while maintaining the trust and respecting autonomy?
Onebright is a personalised on-demand mental healthcare company, building a brighter way to provide life-changing support for employees and their families around the world. We are investing in clinical expertise and technology solutions to deliver a complete mental healthcare service and superior outcomes at scale.
Our business offers a comprehensive range of personalised and on-demand mental health services, delivering both face-to-face and digital mental health support at scale and in 49 languages.
What we offer:
- Training – portfolio of over 80 training modules delivered by clinicians and academics
- Consultancy services – supporting senior leadership teams with mental health business strategy
- Assessment – comprehensive assessment process to support tailored treatment
- Treatment– dedicated case manager to support the people you look after. Matching with experienced clinician delivering evidence based psychological services remotely or in person.